cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 fault - no wifi. Temporary problem?

superhoop73
On our wavelength

I restarted my Hub3 last night and I have not been able to connect any wifi devices to it since. I have web access via ethernet all okay.

I called VM support and they said it was a "temporary connectivity issue which is correcting itself. It might take up to 24 hours to do so". They arranged to call me back over the weekend to check.

I just found this really curious - can anyone have any idea what is going on here? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That just CS rubbish to end the call quickly.

Look in the Hub settings to see if the disable wifi boxes have been auto checked for some reason.

Then try a pinhole reset thus

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That just CS rubbish to end the call quickly.

Look in the Hub settings to see if the disable wifi boxes have been auto checked for some reason.

Then try a pinhole reset thus

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks mate. I looked in the Router settings, and as far I can tell all wifi looks enabled (unless I am looking at the wrong menu).

Anything else I can do? Is it worth doing a pinhole reset anyway?

Cheers

superhoop73_0-1664543875118.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yep looks as if it should be working - try the reset next

--------------------
John
--------------------

The fact it says it's enabled doesn't guarantee the radios are actually on.

Try disabling one.

In the past I had it saying both enabled, but saw no WiFi - I disabled 2.4 and then 5 and started transmitting. Re-enabled 2.4 and it worked as well. I'd hazard a guess some configuration events trigger the application of others.

Personally, I try and have them both disabled (I use my own APs), if I disable them at the same time they show as disabled and stop transmitting, then re-enable themselves overnight.

If I disable one, then wait a couple of days and disable the other, they generally stay disabled for weeks, sometimes months. But after a while, the admin GUI shows them as enabled, however they aren't actually transmitting.

The pin reset worked a treat! Thank you so much 😊