Menu
Ainsley_Rae83
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 driving me mad!!

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else had issues with their hub 3?

Around midnight to 1am the router seems to reboot itself. It's been doing it for a while, and most days too. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Ainsley_Rae83
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 driving me mad!!

Any help would be great 

0 Kudos
Ainsley_Rae83
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I have a page full of this

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

See below from an old thread.

So what actual problems are you having on your service, on what devices and does it happen on ethernet connections as well as wifi ones?

-----------------------------------
RCS (Receive Channel Set) Partial Service. The hub ‘knows’, for example that it should have 24 bonded downstream channel but for some reason, generally noise or interference, it is unable to properly lock onto one or more of them. If this happens then rather than the hub simply going offline, it carries on with a slightly degraded service - which may or may not even be noticeable to the user. If and when the conditions improve, the hub will recover it’s full service although this isn’t logged. Getting some of these infrequently is not uncommon and can usually be ignored.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ainsley_Rae83
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey!

Thank you for replying.

Total loss of all services when the router reboots. Ethernet and wireless connectivity is lost when the router re boots

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You say it only happens between midnight and 1am - is that correct? That is the time when VM often do some work on their network and connections around etc. It usually doesnt last for long - so how long has it been going on. To "see" it and provide proof for VM to look at can you do this.

if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website).

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ainsley_Rae83
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it happens between midnight and 1am most nights.

Thank you very much for assisting me today John

0 Kudos