Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 constant red power light

High - I have constant red power light on hub 3. Hub is not in an area which would cause overheating. Tried hard re-set and checked cables. No wi if or Ethernet connection although reported issues in area

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 constant red power light

Are you in Router Mode or Modem Mode ?

If in Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback Mike ! Not sure re: mode as I can’t access the router setting via Ethernet or wi fi. Txted the help number but the Robot interpreted “Hub 3 constant Red power light” as I need help with my mobile SIM 😳 Ah well, watch this space 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you can see the Hub using Wi-Fi it is in Router Mode.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos