Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 connections

Just trying to connect my hub 3 at mums as we are staying here and while we are waiting for virgin to drop her a new router thought we could use our router to work from home as the new router might be a week wait and I can’t take time off.

i can’t get it to connect it shows the WiFi but says no internet connection 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 connections

All VM Hubs need to be "activated" onto the account - so you can't use any other Hub to connect. There should be info on how to activate the Hub in the package when it arrives.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When I was on the phone to virgin to order it I asked if I could do this and he told me it would work?  Would they be able to register this one against it in the meantime as I can’t work without internet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think the new Hub's can come pre-activated or just require a text.

Re. your Hub - I would normally say "no chance" - but recent posts on this forum suggest some have been successful. But remember, if you are, then the Hub wont work when back at home as it will have been de-registered on your account in favour of your mother's - so you would need to successfully roll that dice again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos