Menu
Highlighted
TKJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 connection issues

Engineer installed new VM hub 3 in December. Just got email stating VIrgin have supercharged my Hub 3 with intelligent WiFi. Tried to install app, but realised there is no sticker on Hub 3, so no settings password, which is needed in order to set up the app. At a loss what to do now. I assume engineer did not put sticker on box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 connection issues

The sticker on the Hub3 should be on its base. Not there ? There is also a drawer with a card - but I think that just has the wifi details on it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You cannot install apps on the hub. You are referring I think to the Virgin Media Connect app which runs on mobile phones and tablets with Android 5.0 or later and iOS 9 or later.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TKJ wrote:

Engineer installed new VM hub 3 in December. Just got email stating VIrgin have supercharged my Hub 3 with intelligent WiFi. Tried to install app, but realised there is no sticker on Hub 3, so no settings password, which is needed in order to set up the app. At a loss what to do now. I assume engineer did not put sticker on box?

The stickers are placed on the hubs when they are made, usually on the bottom, not by the engineer who visited you.  Where did you look to get the wireless SSID and password for the hub?  The settings password is usually in the same place as those settings.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TKJ
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

DSC_0152.JPGThis is what I have. Do you think I am missing the correct label?

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TKJ, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Have you managed to locate the details needed to set up the connect app? 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TKJ wrote:

This is what I have. Do you think I am missing the correct label?

DSC_0154.JPG

The third pic you posted is a label on a TV box and has been rejected by the mods to protect your privacy as it showed the MAC address of the box.

The label you are looking for with the settings password should be located on the bottom of your VM hub. The label you posted above is one for you to put somewhere safe if you need to look up your wireless network settings, so that you don't need to turn your hub upside down.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vircom
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is on the bottom of the hub, not on the paperwork. It is factory fitted and not supplied by the installer.
0 Kudos