cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 and virgin media connect app not playing nicely

jyates
Joining in

Just upgraded to Volt M350, got email from virgin suggesting I check wireless using the virgin media connect app and the wireless is not being found by the app. 

Wireless does appear to be working though. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jyates Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in relation to the Connect App not picking up the wireless connection.
Are you able to to perform a hard reset on the Virgin Media hub? Pop a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds and reset the connection.

Let us know how it goes with that and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

HMB42
Dialled in

Am having the same problem.  Connect App says that I seem to out of the house when am actually in my bedroom at home. Even get same response from app when in the room where the Hub actually is in the house. Have now worked out my problem caused by VPN.  Once turned VPN off on phone, app works and connects to my hub.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jyates Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in relation to the Connect App not picking up the wireless connection.
Are you able to to perform a hard reset on the Virgin Media hub? Pop a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds and reset the connection.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi @jHMB42 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hello @Ilyas Y.  I managed to fix my issue which was caused by my VPN.  When using the app, I just need to remember to turn the VPN off and then no issues.