Menu
Highlighted
chalklands
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 and Audio Pro (Wireless speakers)

Hi,

I've just bought an Audio Pro Addon C5 wireless speaker for listening to music in another room in my house. The speaker won't connect to wifi unless it is connected via an ethernet cable. Has anybody else had issues with wireless speakers connecting to Virgin Media via Wi-Fi? Is there a fix or a setting I need to change?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 and Audio Pro (Wireless speakers)

Hello

You will need to login too the router at http://192.168.0.1 using the details on the base of the hub.

Once there see attached image, turn off where the arrow is point.

Once that is done goto wireless security and give either the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz a different name, some devices have problem connecting to wireless when both frequencies have the same name.

Regards Mike

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

virgin-hub-2.4ghz-settings.png

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And should that not work you can also get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
chalklands
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I've changed the settings but what do I do next? Totally flabbergasted with all this. Audio Pro says I should connect the speakers to 2.4 GHz. But how do I move everything else to 5 GHz?  Not sure if it is Audio Pro or the Virgin hub that is causing the problem here! I've managed to set up via Bluetooth setting left and right speakers. But the Audio Pro app to allow me to access these settings only works when I connect both speakers using ethernet (which is in another room, so I have to cart the speakers to the room were the hub is to do so). So much for plug n play?.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Any device which support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz will automatically choose the strongest signal at the time.

You could go further and rename the wireless channels so you know what you are connected too, on the security tab on the left when clicking on that it will allow you to rename either or both the channels.

In the screenshot where it is circled you can change that name or under 5Ghz Change "Wifi Network Name (SSID)"

SSIDCHANGe.png

From what you have said the Audio Pro only works on 2.4Ghz.

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
chalklands
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice. No luck I'm afraid. I think I'll try using a router. 

0 Kudos