Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 alternative

is there an alternative to the Hub3, it is fine with a few devices connected however once I have 10+ devices connected the speeds and signal seems to become poor, if I switch some devices off then it gets better again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 alternative

Put it into Modem Mode and connect your own purchased router

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes.  Buy any router or mesh wifi system of your choice, stick the hub in modem mode, job done.  Many of us have done so, but not knowing your situation I'll refrain from recommendations now. 

However, before spending the £70-300 on a suitable setup, be sure that this is a router/wifi problem that you have, not a dodgy cable connection.  Otherwise you can spend any amount you like on wifi gear and it won't improve matters much. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi iancarr2020, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thnx

0 Kudos