Menu
barc0de
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 WiFi locking up - replacement required

My Wifi keeps locking up every 30 minutes or so where I have to keep rebooting the router. Is it possible to get a replacement sent out please?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 WiFi locking up - replacement required

What happens to wired connections at this time?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

barc0de
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wired connections are fine so the whole router isn't freezing.

Just anything connected via WiFi gets its connection dropped and the SSID disappears.

Done the usual reboots and full resets of the router. I'm pretty sure it just needs a simple replacement.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you split out the wifi bands?

Also - see if the channel your WiFi is on is congested (DOwnload a wifi analyser - the 2.4Ghz channels should be 1,6 or 11 - change yours to be the least congested!

You can do this through the hub interface on 192.168.0.1 under the advanced tab!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just digging some more. If you are sat near (in sight of) the Hub with your wifi device does it drop there - i.e. is it just dropping on devices as you move further away from the Hub - into other rooms, upstairs etc. And when these wifi drops occur what is the wifi light on the Hub3 doing/showing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
barc0de
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, thank you for your replies and help. I have already done all you mentioned. I'm actually a Network engineer so I'm fairly experienced (Although I mostly get to play with Cisco and Ubiquiti wireless kit rather than the Hub3 🙂 ). I'm just after a  replacement to be sent out - I'd ring customer services but I've had so many bad experiences with them in the past I'd rather just post here.

Thanks though!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A VM person will be along in a day or so and can take a look for you - it may well be a fault developing in the Hub's wifi circuitry. VM are a bit short of Hubs at the moment (yes, I know!) so may be reluctant to replace it without getting more evidence - and even then you will probably get a refurb unit sent out.

You could also put the Hub into modem mode and use the high spec. Ubiquiti router and wireless equipment that you might find lying around somewhere - I would! and it wouldn't get much better than that 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi barc0de,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you're having issues with our Wi-Fi services and that you're experiencing regular drop outs.

We can see reading through your previous post that you have already tried all the necessary diagnostics and even split the Wifi bands without success.

We would need to look in to this further for you so I will pop you over a private message to take a further look in to this for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi barc0de,

Just a quick note to say that we have booked an appointment for you to come and take a look at the ongoing issue your experiencing.

I have sent you a private message with the date and time.

If you need to re-schedule or cancel this please use the link here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos