Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 WiFi disconnecting

Good morning, we’ve just signed up for the M100 package.  Have the hub3 in the lounge and my laptop setup in the study (approx 25ft away).  Have full WiFi signal indicated and what is happening intermittently when I load pages is the page load hangs.  I have to turn off my WiFi and then reconnect and the page normally opens immediately.  Will work for a short period and then hang again.  I performed the standard WiFi blackout checks and the room is fine.  Connecting with my MacBook Pro 2015. Apple phone connects fine. My partner upstairs is on a hardwired PC and she connects fine.  I’ve ordered another Ethernet cable and will hardwire connect - however would love to understand why the problem occurs on WiFi.  Thanks in advance for any help.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 WiFi disconnecting

Because the hubs WiFi is subpar.

Order a router or mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maccoolbvi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're having some WiFi issues and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I have tried to have a look into the issues from here but I'm afraid I've not been able to locate your account. Are you still having these issues now? 

If so then please pop me a personal message with your full address on so I can have a closer look and we'll run some checks from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, thanks for your reply

I believe that the HUB is just sub standard equipment supplied by Virgin and theres nothing that can be done about that.  I hardwired a line to my study and its working on that now thanks.

Sadly just poor equipment - cannot even transfer a signal 25ft into the next room

regards

Graeme

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Maccoolbvi wrote:

Hi Emma, thanks for your reply

I believe that the HUB is just sub standard equipment supplied by Virgin and theres nothing that can be done about that.  I hardwired a line to my study and its working on that now thanks.

Sadly just poor equipment - cannot even transfer a signal 25ft into the next room

regards

Graeme

It’s cheap, mass-produced ISP kit. What did you expect it to do?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad you've managed to get it working better via a wired connection. 

If you do still want me to do a health check on the account I can, just pop me a personal message. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos