Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Someone else is currently logged into the settings page.

Hello All,

I have spent a *very* long time setting up my Hub 3 with various DHCP reservations, port forwarding rules and much else besides.

Today I logged in to the hub (using the web interface) and created another DHCP reservation rule. When I clicked "apply" the web page crashed. OK. Try to log in again....

​I got "Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

OK - I'll wait a few minutes and try again (that always worked on Hub 2).

No joy.

Try a different browser...

No joy.

Try a different computer...

No Joy.

Try powering the Hub off and on (after a 30sec pause) again ...

No joy. (Although I do have internet, and wifi seems to be working) I still can't get into the settings page either on the web interface or via the app.

So I came here. 

There are others who have posted with the same problem - but the only recommendation seems to be to do a factory reset. I *really* don't want to do that.

Is that *really* the only solution?

I am *really* unhappy - can someone help me out - pleeeeese!

Thanks in advance

Mark

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Someone else is currently logged into the settings page.

Are you using the Connect App?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the Connect App, but I wasn't using it when this problem occurred. I have since tried to log in using the App (just to see if that worked). It shows:

"We can't find your connected devices. Please make sure you're connected to your Hub." and it has an exclamation mark mark by the Hub 3 icon.

When I hit the icon it reports: "Something's not right. It looks like someone else is signed into the settings area of your Hub..."

If I hit "Try again" it says: We're rebooting you Hub" with a helpful progress indicator - but it doesn't do anything at all to the Hub!

Does that make the problem clearer - or less clear?

Thanks for your help so far...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Remove the app and reboot the hub.

It should also auto logout after 30 mins or so. 

Also when you get in make sure you backup the settings if you want to keep them. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yay! That worked!

Thank you!

Thank you also for pointing out the backup of settings option. That was removed from the Hub 2 and I didn't realise that it was available again in the Hub 3 options. I have now backed up my settings!

Thanks again...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is your name?

Dent. Arthur Dent.

Well Dentarthurdent.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is a joke.

Any modern router should be smarter than this. Why can't more than 1 person connect at a time?

Why can it not detect whenever a session is no longer active?

It's slowing me down in the stuff I need to do

😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a security measure and to prevent any overlapping/conflicting changes being made at the same time.

It does detect when a session is no longer active then closes that session down, after a set period of time.

0 Kudos