cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Solid Red Light (internet working)

williams_p
Tuning in

Hi,

Quite concerned as our hub 3 has had a solid red light for some time. Internet seems to be working with no issues. However, after doing some reading I've established that it could be an overheating issue and a fire hazard.

Could a replacement router please be sent ASAP or engineer booked in?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

williams_p
Tuning in

Further info, checked the diagnostic tool on the router and it states that the temp is normal...

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey williams_p,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub at the moment. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message williams_p. 

I have arranged a technician appointment for you and it can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. You can also check your appointments via the 'My Virgin Media' app.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks so much for your help!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, williams_p. 

Thanks for the reply, please do pop us a new update once the visit has completed so we know how things went. 🙂

We'll be eager to assist with any issues, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi! 

We still haven't had an appointment come through, and it has been a few days. Should we have heard by now?

Cheers!

Hi @williams_p, we're sorry to hear that 😔

Is there nothing showing at all under the "Orders & Appointments" section of your My Virgin Media account?

You can access that by clicking here

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for the quick response! I have been on the phone to virgin this afternoon (since my last post) for a different issue (my landline). I now have that issue scheduled in. Would the engineer be able to look at the hub on the same visit?

Cheers!

Hi williams_p, thanks for the message and we had added this for you. When the engineer arrives they will check both. Please let us know how the visit goes and if there are any issues please let us know. - Chris.