Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Settings Help - Can't log in. Wi-Fi is insecure.

So, recently, all of our apple devices have started booting us from the Wi-Fi periodically and at least 20 or 30 times each day. Our phones, in Wi-Fi settings, display the message "WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure. If this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 security type".

No real idea what the problem is, but it's affected all of our apple devices at the same time. (We haven't recently updated - or made any changes - to our apple software).

So, I've tried connecting to our Virgin Hub 3. The address 192.168.0.1 won't work. I've tried a variety of browsers on my PC (which is connected by ethernet cable to my Hub). And, just for good measure, I also tried to connect to 192.168.100.1. I'm getting the message "cannot reach this page". I have also downloaded the Virgin "Connect" app which doesn't recognise a Hub 3 in our home.

I have re-set my hub using the reset pin. I've had multiple attempts today to do this:

1. By holding the reset pin down for 10 seconds, switching off for 10 minutes.

2. By holding the reset pin down for 20 seconds, switching off for 10 minutes, and

3. By holding the reset pin down for 60 seconds, switching off for 10 minutes.

Nothing appears to work.

Now, using the (impossibly poor) Wi-Fi that our hub is emitting, I have managed to get to the hub setting page on my iPhone using the address 192.168.0.1, however, it won't recognise the default password at the bottom of the hub box. I've tried this after each attempt to re-set the Hub. I have never changed the password. 

Can anyone help please? I've tried contacting Virgin today but I'm stuck in a loop which takes me through various options then declares all the customer contact centres are closed.

My son starts school again tomorrow and is going to need the internet because they're currently learning from home.

I'm lost. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Settings Help - Can't log in. Wi-Fi is insecure.

Get your own router or mesh system for better WiFi coverage. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Am I allowed to get a different router? I thought I read somewhere that Virgin require us to use their modem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes. You put the hub into modem mode and attach your own hardware to it.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks.

Really grateful for your help.

But to put my hub into modem mode, don’t I need to be able to access my hub settings? Which I can’t...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Do a 60 second pinhole reset 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yeah tried that one buddy. No joy.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Are you using the correct password?

There’s 2 passwords on the bottom of the hub - one for admin access and one for the default WiFi password.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the 8 digit number. 
I’ve never had any reason to log into the settings before, so I haven’t changed the password from what was supposed to be the default password. 
It’s strange that the Connect App doesn’t even recognise that there is a Hub3 in my house. 
And trying to connect to the Hub using 192.168.0.1 lands me nowhere.

it’s like the hub doesn’t exist. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So does 192.168.0.1 load the login page at all?

0 Kudos