Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Router IP change

Hi there,

I’m just wondering if it is possible to change the router’s IP address from its default 192.168.0.1 to let’s say 192.168.0.3. If it is possible, could you please let me know how? I don’t seem to find the setting for that.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Router IP change

If you can't find it you likely can't do it.

What would the point be in changing the LAN gateway IP?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you may be able to, you certainly could on the superhub2 &2ac, dunno about the 3 or 4 tho.

Have a poke around for dhcp settings, this is where is was on the 2ac. You’re looking for the LAN address. Make sure you also update the dhcp settings at the same time to reflect any changes you make to the lan address though...

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I am working from home at the moment and i am trying to access a device in the office via a VPN Industrial router and app. The end device that i am trying to access has also 192.168.0.1 address this causes an overlap. 

I had a similar issue when i use to have an earlier version of a Virgin hub, but then there was a facility which was letting you change the IP of the router. That worked fine then.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, the old hubs used to let you change the IP address. In the HUB 3 for some reason the facility is not there, unless if i am missing something.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I am working from home at the moment and i am trying to access a device in the office via a VPN Industrial router and app. The end device that i am trying to access has also 192.168.0.1 address this causes an overlap.

I had a similar issue when i use to have an earlier version of a Virgin hub, but then there was a facility which was letting you change the IP of the router. That worked fine then.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No you can’t.
You can change the DHCP range and start addrsss though so maybe change the DHCP starting range to something other than 0.2

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok , thanks for your reply. Do not make sense why such as simple change is not allowed but fair enough.
Out of curiosity, changing the DHCP range to something other than 0.2, what will this achieve? At the moment the starting range is 0.10.
Thanks for your repsponses.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

why not connect to the quest wifi and you'll be on another subnet.

If you have a 192.168.0.1/24 range at the remote side of a VPN the problem is not VM its the stupid IT staff you have that though that was a good range on a VPN.

It will be the same for 80% of everyone in the world

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@apostolost666 wrote:
Ok , thanks for your reply. Do not make sense why such as simple change is not allowed but fair enough.
Out of curiosity, changing the DHCP range to something other than 0.2, what will this achieve? At the moment the starting range is 0.10.
Thanks for your repsponses.

If you change the starting range to, for example, 15.10, then you gateway IP will become 192.168.15.1

If you change it to 16.10, the gateway will be come 192.168.16.1 etc etc etc

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi