cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red light

VinceHy
Joining in

Hi I have a continuous red light on my hub 3, I have phoned and got checks completed by the automated service but I still can't find an answer to why the light is red instead of white, this is very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @VinceHy 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for the red light – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Koda
Up to speed

It means there's a malfunction. Usually overheating. The team on here will hopefully check in with you shortly to arrange an engineer to come out and replace it for you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @VinceHy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your Hub, I do think it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Crownlyn
Joining in

I have the same problem so I am hoping I will get some answers on here.  What number did you phone? I'm yet to find a phone number to call Virgin.

I phoned 150 from my landline but it's an automated service where they check your connection etc

I got your PM but can't see how to reply to it!!

Hello again @VinceHy 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for the red light – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Hi, I got a new Hub3 today but my power adapter was still on the old SSID. I have reset both and tried to reconnect but can't get it on new SSID, does anyone have instructions?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VinceHy, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and updating the thread. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues since receiving the Hub. 

To confirm, is it a Virgin Media WiFi/Ethernet powerline that you are having issues with?

Thanks, 

Nat

Laven
Joining in

I've been having this issue for couple of weeks now. Spoke to the technical support, re-set and rebooted it multiple times. Having intermittent loss of wifi service. Very frustrating, specially when kids are doing online lessons.