cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Red Light

tempname
Joining in

I have Hub 3 with a Red Light, internet seems to work. But the manual indicates an overheating problem? Is that so, would that be a fire hazard? 

Some posts suggest moving it into the open space with plenty of ventilation, or resetting through the small dot - which doesn't help.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tempname, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub 3 displaying a red light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red at times. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. 

If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

➡ Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

➡ Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

➡ Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the red light still shows after doing the above, pop back here and let us know. We can then arrange an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Many thanks for such a prompt reply. 

I have tried the steps you have suggested, but the light still stays red.

Hi tempname,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear the steps advised by Kath haven't resolved the issues and that the light is still Red on your Router, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tempname,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.