Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Red Light since install + booster

My hub 3 router has had a red power light since installation. It worked OK at first but keeps cutting out recently. Using the help articles, it may be overheating, but as I said, it has been red since installation two months ago. I have tried resetting, turning off/on and a pin reset. Still the same issue.

I am also unable to get signal in some rooms. I used the connect app to scan the rooms. The app says I need a booster and to click the link to order one. When I click the link, it redirects me to the Virgin Media website and forces me to logon. It then tells me I can only order a booster through the app. How do I order a booster using these systems?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Red Light since install + booster

A red light may mean overheating - I will flag for VM to take a look and reply here. In the meantime - switch it off at the mains when you go out or to bed - just to be on the safe side 🙂

Be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied free if you have the Hub4. if so they are worth trying. If not, as with you and a Hub3, they will add a £3/mo charge and they aren't. good value (and may not even do anything to resolve the situation).

The maths say you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode.
If you still want to go ahead you will have to call in to request one. You could also try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and request them - replies may take a bit longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Boosters cost money and they’re not worth it.

What drops exactly - wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wireless connections are regularly dropping.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to ask... is the Hub in anclosed space, cupboard, Cabinet etc - or is it out in the open in a well ventilated location?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It is in an open space. The light has never been white since it was first turned on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK look out on here - a VM person should get back and offer a swap.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @mcrampsey1978,

Sorry to hear of the problems with your hub, I have looked into your account and will be sending out a new hub to resolve this issue with your hub.

I have arranged for this to be sent out to you, all the information that you need about your delivery can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

The replacement router arrived the next day and is working fine - thanks very much for your help.

The box included instructions on returning the old router, which i followed and returned via Collect+ on 26th October.  I have started getting text messages that say they are from Virgin Media asking to collect the kit from my home address. 

Is this a genuine message from Virgin? If so, can you please get them stopped. I can provide the parcel tracking number if needed.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's good to hear @mcrampsey1978 that everything is working well at the moment.

I apologise for the text messages that you have been getting, have the messages now stopped as it has been a over a week since you last posted? 

I can see from your account that it is only showing the active equipment that you have, so the messages should have now stopped.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos