cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red Light On

Louber2725
Joining in

My Hub 3 has been showing a red light for the last week or so, some devices still connect via WiFi but work laptop will not.

Turned it off and rebooted, checked it’s not in modem mode but obviously reading on here about the over heating, turning it off at night and when I leave the house and then switching back on but the it still comes back on red.

Is there anything more I can do, all they do when I call is tell me to turn it off and back on?

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Louber2725,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your Router has a Red light even though you have tried all advised including switching it off when not home.

I will be more than happy to help further and will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to start if still required.

First can you please try first checking all your internal connections are hand tight, this includes all equipment and any splitters, both powered and standard, once done please leave the Router on and push a pin/ paer clip into the reset hole at the back of the Router, keep pushed in for a full time 1 minute then allow 15 minutes to settle.

If once done the Red light is still on I will make sure you get all the help you need Via our private chat.

Regards

Paul. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Louber2725,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.