cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Reboots

BGL
Dialled in

For many months / years, my HUB 3 will randomly reboot then reconnect after 15mins or so.

A few visits, swapped Hub and attenuators installed etc.

Following an engineer visit to check things the other week a cable fault was identified under my garden and subsequently swapped out..

This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team'

Does anyone have any experience of similar faults and is there hope that they will finally resolve this? (This does not show on the service checker as a fault which is also annoying)

If they monitor for a week without the issue popping up and close the fault I won't be happy when it returns 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------
HUB 4 1Gb - Direct Ethernet Connection
My Broadband Ping - BGL1
137 REPLIES 137

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BGL,

Please can you send a BMQ chart to show these dropouts? We are unable to see the dropouts on our system.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My auto signature has the live graph link embedded in it and should display on all my posts.

Here is a direct link to yesterday's drop out (also just had a drop out today at approx. 10:45am)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3c94c88ea4689904791489bb79f7bdb932...

As per previous engineer visits an issue has been identified with the SNR on the upstream dropping and confirmed by your network team (as affecting my area, but not reported on all your systems apparently as you cannot see the issue) - there seems to be no inter departmental communications re this between engineer visits, the network team and this forum.

A response was sought from the network team by one of your colleagues a few weeks back but nothing has been reported back to me, so as per my previous messages could this be escalated as a long term issue and someone claim ownership for the issue from a support perspective?

Bryan

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

BGL
Dialled in

Just had another drop out, confirmed by running the VM app as a' Network issue', as seems to be the case I'm back after around 15mins. Have you any updates yet?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hi BGL,

I'm afraid that as of yet, I haven't received any further updates, which I understand is really disappointing. However I have now escalated this case even further to the Head of Networks, and currently awaiting a response. I will keep you as updated as possible.

Thanks so much for all your patience.

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth,

I spoke with Mark who arranged a visit by a senior engineer.

The engineer checked things inside and out, and:

Replaced the isolator inside the house
Replaced the cable to SuperHub
Replaced the attenuator on The SuperHub
Replaced the SuperHub

Unfortunately looking at my BQM, I had another drop out around 2am, direct link below - (the large red section was prior to my updating the monitor set's IP to my new one)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4ffcd33de4ab70c5a7b51220fdf3b84234...

Can you please update Mark with this info?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hi BGL, 

I'm glad to hear that Mark was able to get in touch with you, although I am sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues.

I will pass this on back to Mark and ask what the next steps are. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

lotharmat
Community elder

@BGL wrote:

Thanks Beth,

I spoke with Mark who arranged a visit by a senior engineer.

The engineer checked things inside and out, and:

Replaced the isolator inside the house
Replaced the cable to SuperHub
Replaced the attenuator on The SuperHub
Replaced the SuperHub

Unfortunately looking at my BQM, I had another drop out around 2am, direct link below - (the large red section was prior to my updating the monitor set's IP to my new one)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4ffcd33de4ab70c5a7b51220fdf3b84234...

Can you please update Mark with this info?

We have the same packet drop at the same time yesterday!!!

Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi BGL,

I have spoken with Mark this morning - he mentioned that he's tried to call you but it seems as though your phone is switched off. When you next get a chance, please do check to see if you've had any missed calls from him or if he's left you any voicemails 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Just reporting another Internet drop out today at around 11.25.

Unfortunately I live in a mobile phone blackspot so did not receive any calls and I've no messages on my voicemail.

That's two drop outs this week now since the senior engineer visit and replacing of all the equipment and cabling.

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Thank you for letting us know @BGL.

We will flag this up with Mark again so he can get in contact with you.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs