cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Reboots

BGL
Dialled in

For many months / years, my HUB 3 will randomly reboot then reconnect after 15mins or so.

A few visits, swapped Hub and attenuators installed etc.

Following an engineer visit to check things the other week a cable fault was identified under my garden and subsequently swapped out..

This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team'

Does anyone have any experience of similar faults and is there hope that they will finally resolve this? (This does not show on the service checker as a fault which is also annoying)

If they monitor for a week without the issue popping up and close the fault I won't be happy when it returns 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------
HUB 4 1Gb - Direct Ethernet Connection
My Broadband Ping - BGL1
137 REPLIES 137

Hi @BGL

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've checked all the logs here, the levels - no issues are showing. 

Can you do a PIN reset for me on the router and then monitor it for 48 hours?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you for taking the time to reply John,

I've done this previously and do not believe it will resolve the issue (as per my post extract below) :

"This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team"

Can you check my reported drop outs with my neighbour two doors down? and check my issue status with the network team prior to me wiping out my current Hub config?

I'm expecting a call back sometime this week from the engineer who attend, and was posting on here to see if others had experience of issues that were passed to the Network team and log these dropouts to help any fault finding.

Thanks

Bryan

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Thanks for coming back to us @BGL.

I have looked into the local area network and cannot find any issues within your network and the local area. 

We wouldn't be able to compare your dropouts with your neighbours, did the engineer advise what type of fault that it was with the network, as I cannot find any sign of any issue at all on the network. 

Was the last visit from the team to rebury your cabling?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yep, the last visit was to re-place the cabling under my garden. The exact issue wasn’t known and as such passed to your networks team. 

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BGL,

Thank you for getting back to us about your issue. I'm sorry to hear that it is still ongoing.

I have checked if there are any listed area issues that could be impacting your service, but there is currently nothing listed.

I also checked to see if there are any power level issues and there are none showing on the system.

After your reset, please wait 48 hours, as previously advised, to get in touch so that we can look over your power levels again, to ensure that there's so issue causing this Hub reboot.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just dropped out / reset again around 15.50.

As per previous posts I do not believe resetting the router is of benefit in this situation - I'll wait until the engineer updates me this week to see what the network team has to say, if for some bizarre reason they also suggest a full reset I'll do one then.

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Thanks for coming back to us @BGL.

We have suggested the pin hole reset to help us try and diagnose your connection issues but if you don't want to do this, that's no problem. Please wait for the team to get back in touch with you to advise further on this. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Happy to do this, just waiting to see what the network team discovers prior to wiping out my Hub config. 

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

No problem @BGL, please keep us updated on what happens.

Regards,

Steven_L

It's been just over a week now and I've not heard anything back from the engineer as yet as to how the monitoring escalation to networks has progressed - still having daily drop outs and hub resetting.
As I'm working at present I just want an update from VM.. however automated checks will require a reboot etc and I don't have time for this today.. is there a number I could contact a human on or could someone on here check the status of my issue?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1