cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Not Assigning IP Addresses to Ethernet Ports?

anonymous_panda
Tuning in

I've had a stable network for some months with my hub 3 in  modem mode and Google Nest WIFi on router duties. I have an unmanaged switch plugged into the router for wired backhaul.

Yesterday everything stopped working suddenly. The network is down I believe because the router says it isn't receiving an IP address from the modem. I assumed the fault was with Google after several hours of troubleshooting so factory reset everything and went back into router mode on my hub. 

Wifi is working but nothing plugged into the ports on the back is able to connect even though the lights come on in the ports. I've not been able to find anyone with similar issues. Not really sure how to fox it, or if I need to request a replacement modem from Virgin.

Had anyone had similar issues to this?

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are not the first to report non working lan ports - you have tried a reset - give that another go hold the button a good 30 sec and then some - dont power down just let the hub sort itself out - if that does not work ring in or post back and wait for staff to get to the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony, no change after a 30 second hold on the reset button.

This is what I see logging into the router and from a hardwired device. I've tested several different devices plugged directly into the ports on the back with no luck.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 16.53.16.pngScreenshot 2021-09-01 at 16.51.39.png

This was the same message I got from my Google router diagnostics 'IP_Address:"none"'.

Interestingly, hub diagnostics says Ethernet looks fine

I spoke to Virgin on the phone and they're sending an engineer on Friday, so hopefully I can get a replacement box