Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Not Accessible Now In Modem Mode

Hello,

Not having much luck with my newly installed Hub 3. I tried using it in modem mode with my existing TP-Link VR900 which supports this feature and didn't get anywhere. I could see my TP-Link via WI-Fi and connect to it, but no Internet was coming through.

Anyway, giving up on that idea, I set about configuring the Hub 3 back to regular router/modem mode. To do this, I ran an Ethernet cable direct from the laptop to the Hub 3 and in my browser address bar, typed:

Nothing!

I've tried each of the Ethernet ports on the back of the Hub 3 and have configured my static Ethernet port on my laptop address as 192.168.0.115. The router address cannot be pinged and I am at a total loss as to how to return this router to standard mode.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Not Accessible Now In Modem Mode

The TP-Link VR900 is a ADSL/VDSL router and not suitable for cable connections like Virgin.

To get back to router mode you’ll need to either factory reset the hub or go to 192.168.100.1 in a browser. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In Modem Mode the IP Address for the Hub is 192.168.10.1

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!! You're a genius! 🙂

Actually, I got my TP-Link router wrong. Looking at the listing in the Network infrastructure category, I have a Archer VR200 from TP-Link. I did look through the docs on this and it was stated it can accept DSL, cable and fibre connections when in "Wireless router" mode. Perhaps the type of signal coming from Virgin isn't compatible with any of those?

I was pondering seeing if there were any non ISP provided routers that might support the Hub 3 in modem mode. Would you by chance know of any?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think it will work but you need to make a few setting changes to get it working.

Have a look at any mid-high range TP-Link (not VDSL) or ASUS router.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos