Menu
micky13boo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 No Wi Fi but okay cable

Hi I have a HUB 3 which appears to be working on ethernet connection only. There appears to be no WiFi signal. I have tried on line test. Also turned off then on.  and have pressed the reset button a couple of times but to no avail. Do I need a replacement hub ?? If so how do I contact VM as no online live chat.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 No Wi Fi but okay cable

Log into the settings and check that the SSID name is what it should be. A recent firmware update has given some users one thet has renamed to "1" (or summat else) and so of course toiyr devices arent "seeing" it. If that's happened just rename it to what it should be.

Also check that the "disable wireless channel" boxes have not been ticked

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
micky13boo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John  Thanks for reply excuse my ignorance but you say log in to settings ?  which settings you talking about please. not much of a technophobe. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go into the Hub3 settings. Type in  http://192.168.0.1  into your web browser’s url box and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it).

Navigate around to the Advanced>wireless> pages and it will be somewhere in there (I dont have a Hub3)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
micky13boo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks went into settings but when I put the password in exactly as on bottom of hub get message that passwoird is incorrect. BUT I have never changed it is there any other way of getting in please ? Sorry to be a pain.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are 2 passwords one for wifi and one for settings - did you put the correct one in - if not try the other one. If neither work you must have changed it to something else some time ago.

To revert them back to those on the sticker do a Hub “pinhole reset”. Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos