Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Modem to router mode issues

Hi folks,

I bought a Tenda mesh system to try and improve wifi performance. I set the hub 3 to modem mode as per the instructions and tried to set it up but I was getting error messages re set up so gave up for the night. I am now trying to reset the hub 3 to router mode by going to 192.168.100.1 as per instructions. I am connecting my laptop to the hub via Ethernet and have tried all 4 Ethernet connections but the page won’t open. I can’t access the page via my phones 4g. I have tried restarting and rebooting the hub but all to no avail. Any help appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Modem to router mode issues

Do a 60 second pinhole reset 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary

Great. That has done a factory reset so the hub is now back to router mode so internet working.

i will have another go at setting up the mesh system later.

thanks

Craig 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you planning on running the mesh with the hub in modem mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I was planning on modem mode only because from what I had read this was what was required. I’ve bought the Tenda Nova MW6-3 Whole Home Mesh system. If you have any suggestions or advice that would be great.

thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK. There’s a certain process you have to go through to get it working.

You need to out the hub into modem mode then power it off and disconnect all Ethernet cables.

Then power on the hub with nothing connected to it and give it 5 minutes to boot up.

Then connect the primary Tenda node by Ethernet to the hub in the bottom port then power on the Tenda and give it 5 minutes to initialise. 

You should then be able to finish the setup process and setup the remaining nodes.

Any further Ethernet connections need to be made to the Tenda and not the Virgin Hub.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

thank you very much for your help. All set up and working now. I wanted to leave it a few days before responding so as not to tempt fate !

The Tenda Mesh system has made a big improvement on the reliability of our wifi.

Kind regards and best wishes.

Craig

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Craigcrogy68 wrote:

Hi Gary,

thank you very much for your help. All set up and working now. I wanted to leave it a few days before responding so as not to tempt fate !

The Tenda Mesh system has made a big improvement on the reliability of our wifi.

Kind regards and best wishes.

Craig

Good stuff 👍

0 Kudos