cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Lan connection issues

Arron225
Joining in

Since I've brought a 500mbs hub 3 package I've been having issues with the LAN connection when connecting it to my Ps5, based on a speed test I've just done, the Internet speed via lan cable is 37.5 mbs when compared to getting around 330mbs on WiFi (both values are for download speeds). Further to this my Hub 3 has been stuck on yellow ever since its been installed. I have changed the LAN cables round but nothing has changed with the speed. I have called to virgin media support about this issue multiple times and one time someone hung up on me after agreeing that LAN connection shoukd be faster than WiFi. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5

Arron225
Joining in

I have also seen someone have a similar issue that was resolved but I am unsure on how to solve it

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you first tried a known good, new Cat6a ethernet cable?  Old cables can, and do fail, usually defaulting to sub 100 Mbps speeds

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

To check, connect your PS5 directly to the Hub 3 using a network cable.

Now login in to the Hub 3's menu at http://192.168.0.1/   ( use the 8 digit password )

Visit the Connected devices page and check if the PS5 is connected at 10/100/1000 Mb/s.

We are expecting to see a 1000 Mbps Ethernet connection.

Thanks for responding, the connection shows that it is a 100mbs, not 1000

And I'm using a new LAN cable, though I did compare it to the one I did use days prior (before I moved into my new house) and it was performing well at similar Internet speeds