cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 LED colour?

bertj
On our wavelength

I'm probably being paranoid but the LED on the hub 3 front used to be white when everything was OK; now it seems to have become orange/red colour. Everything is working OK with usual speeds of about 380 mbps download  and 34 mbps upload.

Should I be bothered?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bertj
On our wavelength

Thanks for that - I'll ignore the colour.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The extremely cheap LEDs used on the VM hubs ‘age’ and cam be anything from bright white to deep yellow. If the LED is not red then you have no problems.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

bertj
On our wavelength

Thanks for that - I'll ignore the colour.

Hi there @bertj 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Thanks for letting us know you are seeing this colour light on the Hub. Can you please do the following:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If you are still seeing the light on the Hub after doing this, please let us know as if this is the same we will need to send an engineer to check the Hub.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi,

I have been having the same issue for a few months now. I have completed and followed all the advice but although the internet works ok (most of the time) on laptops it is awful on other devices such as firesticks and mobile phones especially and the family are having to pay for extra data packages despite being at home.

The light on the router is yellow/orange. Your service in fault finding has found that we are  having intermittent problems with a message check back in 24 hrs. I have done this on three occasions and still no better.

I think its time for an engineer to call round and/or a new hub.

Please can you arrange this

Hi there @chinners365 👋 Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you are also seeing the same issue, thanks for confirming that the advice has been followed. As you are still showing the same issue I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

bertj
On our wavelength

Thanks for that - there's no change in the colour of the LED after carrying out the checks you suggest.

No worries 😊

Thanks for letting me know that this still hasn't changed. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so an engineer can be arranged.

Regards

Nathan

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @bertj 😊 Please keep us updated with how you get on with this engineer visit.

Also, thanks for sending the mail over, I've had your details updated now.

If you need anything further, let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan