Menu
rpatel121
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 - LAN Ports - Intermittent Connection (Also slow WiFi for months)

Hi there,

Have been having issues with extremely slow WiFi for months now but can never get through to anyone on the phone so I've just lived with it.

Today however, my main 2 machines (Work and Personal) started experiencing an Intermittent Broadband Connection. They are both connected via Ethernet. Kept dropping in and out. I turned the Hub 3 OFF/ON and reset and still the same. I ran a ping out to 8.8.8.8 on both laptops and they were timing out every so often. I changed which ports they were connected to on the Hub and also changed the network cables. Still the same! 

I then switch to WiFi on both Laptops and that works a lot better, no time outs (although slow it still works). So i've come to the conclusion its the network ports on the Hub 3.

PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!! 

We all need our machines for Work and the Kids for School!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 - LAN Ports - Intermittent Connection (Also slow WiFi for months)

Have you tried using different cables?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
rpatel121
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 - LAN Ports - Intermittent Connection (Also slow WiFi for months)

Yes different cables have been used as per original post. Also different ports. Many Thanks

0 Kudos