Menu
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Keeps disconnecting the wifi 4 to 8 times a day

Hi Hub 3 keeps disconnecting all our wifi devices 4 to 8 times a day i have contacted virgin many times and they tell me there is no problems with the system. When this happens all the lights on the hub come on for around 5 min see attached photos. this is now affecting my working from home so if i any one can help i would appreciate it but please note i am not a very tech guy but my contact is up the first week in April so i have been looking at sky ultra fast broadband to replace this  or talk talk 240mbs any one comment on these please thanks Tony4 to 8 times a day and VM say its ok4 to 8 times a day and VM say its ok   this happens 4 to 8 times a day and VM say they have no problems with it  

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Keeps disconnecting the wifi 4 to 8 times a day

i can't see hte image you have posted as it hasn't been approved yet, but the first question, as always, is have you tested whether devices also drop out when connected to the hub via ethernet?

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the reply 

in the photo it shows the white light at the bottom and the two green lights above on one is the wifi and the other is the two arrows 

yes even the PC that's connected by cable from the hub to the PC looses the internet 

Tony

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok, as ethernet is also dropping out, can you post the stats from your hub please..

browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry i gave you duff information  just spoke to the kids its the laptops on wifi that also drops out not the pc that's connected by the cable 

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tehwolf i have well  i think got what you asked for below please let me know what you think and thanks again for your helpVM 1.PNGVM 3.PNGVM2.PNGVM9.PNGVM11.PNG

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There’s nothing obviously wrong with your downstream stats - can you post the upstream data, and the network log..

the BQM - did you reboot the router at ~2pm - where the red line is?

other than that, whilst there’s a probable minor overutilisation issue, it doesn’t look terrible.. and if your cabled devices are working well then the poor Wi-fi connectivity can probably be put down to the hub not being a particularly good device.. you’d probably solve most of your issues by buying yourself a decent router or mesh system and using the hub in modem mode... but before you splash out - let’s see the rest of the data..