cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Intermittent Issues

Tommomac
Joining in

I moved from BT to Virgin about 10 months ago. We live in a bungalow and moved to virgin to get a speed improvement. 

To be honest our speed is now great. 

However the Wi-Fi at home is borderline dreadful. In my opinion I would assume this is an issue with the Hub3. With our previous BT Hub we got Wi-Fi Coverage over the full house and even the back garden. With the Hub 3 the Wi-Fi Coverage Struggles to reach my office 6m from the hub and stops working when I close some doors (Its really strange too as the device is still connected to Wi-fi, just not receiving internet). We also have devices regularly kicked off the hub. Wasn't sure whether there was a maximum number of IP addresses causing an issue. 

The light on the Hub 3 is always red even although it does have broadband. 

Everything seems to have gotten worse since I got the pod. The virgin internet is great but the whole home wi-fi experience seems extremely poor. 

In a recent call I was told I had too many devices overloading the hub which I don't understand unless my IP range has less than 10-15 IPs. We are an average home of maybe 20 devices. (Sky, Ipad, phones, laptops etc? Totally lost here

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Thats too many look at getting a better router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Its 20 devices, I could get them all on a BT Hub 4 with no issues and the BT Hub is one of the worse in the market. Also doesn't explain why I cant get a signal 6m away from the hub. 

Its a straightforward home setup I can run on a simple draytek, technicolour or any other sub £100 router. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So do that.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there @Tommomac 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been facing issues with your service, I have taken a look and it does appear there are a few issues that will require an engineer to take a look. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.