Menu
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Ethernet Ports problem

What ever you have wired to the powerline adapters connect directly to the hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have heard that the Virgin Hub 3 has an issue with its internal Puma chip that will not properly support the ethernet ports, the recommended solution being to switch the Hub 3 into Modem mode, and then use an external additional router to link from the Hub 3 ethernet port to other ethernet -fed devices.  has anyone any experience of this please, as if correct, that might be a solution, but I'd be disappointed at having to buy an extra device just because of a design fault with the Hub 3 ???

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The hub 3 runs fine in modem mode the Ethernet ports and the Puma chip have nothing to do with each other why router mode can't work right with some devices is a mystery.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Hero
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@analyse wrote:

Sorry, no - my laptop is an I-Mac with no ethernet port...

Borrow a device such as a laptop or old MacBook Pro with an Ethernet port to see if it works when plugged into the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem and the router is a week old. Installation technician didn’t clock it and said everything was working. It was only once we left and we plugged in other access points we realised. WiFi is fast and works fine. Ethernet ports do nothing and don’t light up green. Seems that searching google everyone is having the same problem with the hub 3.0, so it’s disgraceful virgin is still shipping out broken kit when this has been going on a while. 

Going to raise with the comms ombudsman so virgin start to do something about this 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello AlexL1991

Really disappointing to hear of the issue with the Hub and clearly not the experience we want for any of our customers. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forum.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get this looked into further for you with a view to fully resolving this.

Rob

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Did this get resolved?

as I am having the same issue as of today.

i have installed 2 Ethernet cables into the virgin hub 3.0 from living room and ran them up the house to the loft room for the 2 gaming computers, but nothing works.

it can’t be too far to reach surely? When I plug the Ethernet into my google WiFi hub, which is plugged into the virgin hub, so gets all its power from that, it works!!

so confused. Please help!?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Drewry09 wrote:

Did this get resolved?

as I am having the same issue as of today.

i have installed 2 Ethernet cables into the virgin hub 3.0 from living room and ran them up the house to the loft room for the 2 gaming computers, but nothing works.

it can’t be too far to reach surely? When I plug the Ethernet into my google WiFi hub, which is plugged into the virgin hub, so gets all its power from that, it works!!

so confused. Please help!?

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Router mode 

0 Kudos