Menu
analyse
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Ethernet Ports problem

Hi;

Virgin have just installed me a full new system including a Hub 3 router.  This works fine with its wireless mode but I need to use a powerline extender set to reach other parts of the house.  All my three different powerline extender sets are working fine but they are not receiving anything via the cables from the Router's ethernet ports.  The Virgin chap who installed it said he didn't know why and it might fix itself.... -I have no manual for the router so other than online help I'm stuck.  I've reset the router and still have this issue, which is costing me wireless access from other parts of the house and thus money as I'm having to rely on my Virgin mobile data allowance to get any service at all.

These adapters are all quality makes, and worked fine with my old Sky system; I also see various issues with Virgin ethernet ports on other postings.  Can anyone offer me advice on this ?  Many thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
grahame15
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Ethernet Ports problem

virgin do a free extender use the app on your phone to check your signal and it will tell you if you need one its free
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Get your own router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Useless technician, all ports should work immediately. If possible try and test them firstly with cable connected pc. Secondly with a cable direct from one port to another, the lights should flash on both ports. If they do not call customer services and tell them you have a faulty hub.

Also it’s no use getting your own router, if the ports don’t work on the hub. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
raej3158
Just joined
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

virgin hub 3 router is good but it creates a problem, the router has connectivity issues, the router's ethernet port might get damaged. the IP address needs to be secured. I wanted to know about the virgin routers but couldn't find any, so I visited www.facebook.com to solve the issue and to get further knowledge.

I would prefer the Asus router because they are fast and efficient.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Analyse, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Can I please just confirm that you have tried the below:

-Try a different Ethernet port on the Hub
-Try a different Ethernet cable
-Remove any 3rd party networking equipment (i.e. connect hub directly to a computer to see if this connects)

Let me know if trying any of the above helped the connections, if not we can investigate further.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
analyse
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I have tried all four ethernet ports and with different cables; I have also turned the hub on/off with its power switch to try to reset it.

All four of the ethernet hub ports show a green light, which I interpret as 'working correctly', BUT, they will not register with any of my three powerline adapter systems (TPlink, Netgear and Devolo Magic2) when linked by any cable, which suggests to me there is a software connection issue between the router and the adapters.  If you have any suggestions i'm 'all ears'.  Thankyou, Howard.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Were you able to check if you can connect through ethernet with any other equipment Howard?

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What about connecting a device to the hub without powerline adapter.

0 Kudos
analyse
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, no - my laptop is an I-Mac with no ethernet port...

0 Kudos