cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Dropping Wireless Signal and Poor Range

AdamWiggy
Tuning in

Hi, my hub3 has been dropping wifi signal and giving poor wifi range for a while now and i have tried most suggestions to rectify it, but no improvement. I think it is around 5 years old and seems to get pretty warm, so not sure if it is age related. 
is there a way I can get an upgrade to the latest hub?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @AdamWiggy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here and with the team.

I am so sorry that you have been facing these issues with your service and thank you again for your post.

I have been unable to locate your account via your forum details so we can check things on our side but I will pop you a Private Message so we can grab some information and take a look.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM @AdamWiggy and I have now been able to locate the account. 

I can see the Hub has been up for over two weeks, are you able to try a pinhole reset for us? 

To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole at the back of the Hub and hold in for 60 seconds, this will force a full factory reset so if you have changed the Hub setting at all they will revert to the original settings. 

I have done this multiple times and it never seems to improve, but I will try it again today…

AdamWiggy
Tuning in

I have reset the hub but there is no difference, wifi still very unreliable and drops on/off. 

Hi, i did the reset but it hasnt improved. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdamWiggy 👋

Thanks for providing us with an update on this. I'm sorry to hear the issue hasn't been resolved after a reset on the Hub. I've taken a look and can see your Hub Levels have fallen out of specification throughout the last few weeks, which can indicate a problem with the incoming signal, which in turn can lead to intermittent service.

I can see you've recently been in a private message with my colleague, so I'll pick this up on their behalf. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or the "Messages" tab after tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ