Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Conection Drops.

I was talking about perhaps getting a new hub 3 

and by wireless do you mean WiFi because i really don't want to go and have to go buy a router just to get my WiFi to work again

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Conection Drops.

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos