Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 settings interface unresponsive

Tried to connect to our WiFi this morning and it looks like the hub has restarted and lost the password (which was never changed from the default) so none of our devices can get connected.  Googled it and it seemed this was a fairly regular occurrence last year but not so many recent posts.  Anyway, I thought it would be easy enough to sort out so I connected my computer directly to the hub via an ethernet cable and went into the settings interface to change the WiFi password.  I must have been sitting for 20 minutes with the working icon spinning and if I try to connect from a new tab it doesn't respond.  Is this par for the course with this hardware?  It's absolutely abysmal and as we're still in our cooling off period I'm very close to cancelling the service...it's a bit useless if we can't even get on WiFi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 settings interface unresponsive

Hi MickYoung, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for joining us! 

I am really sorry you're experiencing some problems with your new hub, we wouldn't want to lose you as a customer.  

You mention you've lost your password, this should be on a sticker on the bottom of you hub? If you haven't already can you please try this password and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't lose the password, the router just stopped accepting it!  Despite re-entering the password on the bottom of the box it still won't connect and the interface for changing the password is useless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

as we're still in our cooling off period I'm very close to cancelling the service

I'm not recommending any particular course of action, as only you know how much you want VM's service, but bear in mind that the cooling off period is only 14 days, and then you're locked in for a year or two, depending on the package you've chosen.  The clock starts ticking from the date of the home installation going live.

Realistically a faulty hub is one of VM's easier to fix problems, so you might want to hang on in and let them fix it.  On the other hand, if you've already experienced VM's excruciatingly poor offshore telephone support, that is something you'll have to live with as one of VM's unvalued customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are 2 passwords on the Hub sticker have you tried them both ?

If so then do a factory reset this way.
With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise - and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks WILL revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.

Use the settings one to access the Hub settings if it still doesnt work call it in - its faulty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My apologies, I misread your previous post. 

I would love to check your account from our end to get this resolved and have sent you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope in the top corner 🙂 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos