forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
howden9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 settings help - wireless security

Morning,

Can someone please advise if my settings are configured for broadcast at both frequencies - I notice that the 5GHz is ticked - but greyed out

Also, should I rename one of the SSIDs?

Thanks

settings.JPG

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 settings help - wireless security

@howden9 wrote:

Morning,

Can someone please advise if my settings are configured for broadcast at both frequencies - I notice that the 5GHz is ticked - but greyed out

Also, should I rename one of the SSIDs?

Thanks

settings.JPG

If the names are the same and it's ticked by greyed out, then it means it's broadcasting both bands with the same SSID and password.

If you want to define it more, you can rename each band and connect each device to whichever band accordingly.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
howden9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having a look at other pages in the hub settings (wireless signal page), I believe I am on both frequencies - but would appreciate any help or thoughts on naming of the SSID 

My other question is from looking at wifi analyzer is that I am on channel 1 and channel 44  - but that there are other networks on the same channel. Would this cause any problems - and is there any advice here (if I should change channel how do I do this?!)

The reason why I am trying to tweak and improve my setup is that I am in the SM2 (Sutton / Cheam) area and VM said on a call yesterday that there is a known issue since 31 Dec 2020 due to high demand / increased traffic in the area -  that is causing drop outs and intermediate issues. This doesn't come up on service status but they are working on it. No time frame was given for rectifying this capacity issue.

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
howden9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary

If I define them separately - will "Smart wifi" allocate devices to the right frequency?

I notice that on the hub, some devices (Apple devices) are showing twice - is that because they operate or use both frequencies? Does this cause any issues or restrictions in any way?

All the best

0 Kudos