cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 red light

geoffcook1
Joining in

My hub has a red light on solid all the time.  It is not overheating but performance is not as good.  It is in modem/router mode.

I have tried resetting and pin method but it is still the same

Please advise

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is where it gets confusing if you are using modem mode.

Modem mode is signified by a Magenta light. Over heat warnings produce a Red light.

So the question is has this indication changed from Magenta to Red. If it has either the hub is overheating or it is a faulty indication.

If it is Red after a reboot then replacement is required. If however the hub is showing the correct indication for modem mode there is no fault.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is definitely solid red!, 

Thanks

Hi @geoffcook1 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

You have said that your Hub is in "modem/router mode", but the two modes are either Modem Mode, or Router Mode. Can you please clarify which mode your Hub is in, as the answer will depend on how we can take things further?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It is in router mode, there is no additional apparatus attached to it.

Hi geoffcook1, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming that. 

As you've already done the pre-checks and the hub is in router mode, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you and swap the hub. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi geoffcook1,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

We're not able to send a replacement as the engineer will need to do some checks to ensure everything is safe. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath

Engineer came yesterday and replaced Hub, all working fine.

Good service.

Glad to hear this @geoffcook1 🙂

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team