cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 no internet/ access denied

renburanto
On our wavelength

Have been without internet since 18:00 yesterday.  
All lights on the Hub 3 are green. My iphone and Windows10 laptop can connect to the Hub3 via Wifi but Windows says “no internet” and the iphone Safari says “Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding”.

When I log in to Hub3 settings page it recognizes something is wrong. It says internet - access denied.

I tried unplugging the power cable Hub3 for min. of 5 mins and then plugging back in and turning on with the switch next to the power cable. I have also tried the reset button. I have done all of this multiple times. All the cables coming from the wall and going to the Hub3 were untouched when problems started, but I checked them and they are all connected like they should be. 

Anyone from Virgin Media reading along who can help me get internet back? Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

RedDragonTaff
On our wavelength

Hi I had the same problems on Saturday. I was onto tech support 150, and in the end had to factory reset the SH3 using the reset with a pin at the back of the init.

had to keep in pressed for 30 secs whilst it was powered up and switched on.  Even after I saw green lights on (Wi-Fi, and green bar)  solid, and the arrows/traffic indicator also green but flashing.  The superhub page says it’s updating.

in the end it got rid of the mysterious “access denied” problem.

Always worth a pin-hole reset if a reboot doesn't clear the issue - If the reset doesn't work - call it in on 150 (they should see that you have no connection) or wait here for a VM Staffer!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @renburanto,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're impacted by this issue!

Have you taken a look at our What Do The Lights Mean page on our website? This is a really great tool to narrow down what your Hub issue is. 

I was able to locate your account and I can see that you're experiencing some upstream power level issues. This will need to be looked at by a technician to have this issue resolved.

In order to book in the appointment, I will need you to confirm a few details with me over Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @RedDragonTaff,

Welcome back to our Forums! We're glad to see you posting again.

Can you tell us if your issue has been resolved, or are you still experiencing some issues with your connection?

Please let us know so we can look into this issue further if needed.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @Paulina_Z, thanks for your attention.  I have been progressing my own SuperHub3 issues on a separate thread.  I was just offering some feedback regarding my experience and resolution of the "access denied" issue.  Thanks for reaching out to me also.  Its very much appreciated.

AL

Hi @RedDragonTaff,

Not a problem at all. 🙂

I'm glad to hear that you have a separate thread about your Hub 3 issues and that you're getting further help there.

Please give us a shout if you need anything else going forward. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team