Menu
SkullPassmore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 losing connection frequently

My Virgin Media hub 3.0 keeps losing my broadband signal. I've rebooted it multiple times but to no avail. I've ran the Virgin Media tests, even on the hub itself, but it's only saying that it cannot connect to the internet. Is there anything else I can try?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 losing connection frequently

Are connections ok on an ethernet cable connected device? If you dont know can you try it?

What are the Hub lights showing/doing?

You could try a factory reset – a lot of the VM techies on here are suggesting it as a first option and it has worked for many customers.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

So.... With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SkullPassmore
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. All of the connections have been tested and checked, no issues there. It kinda seems like it's intermittently losing signal. The WiFi and network lights start flashing (almost like it's soft restarting) after a while of no connection. 

I tried a reset (as per your suggestion) and it's no different. Still dropping off every now and then. 

The router does feel very warm, almost too warm, but it is in an area with decent enough airflow.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delayed response here SkullPassmore - and for the connection trouble you've had as well.

I'd like to take a look into this but wasn't able to do so using your forum details alone - so will send a PM shortly to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update on this @SkullPassmore - glad you got things sorted but sorry again for the delay. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Tom