cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 light is orange and warm to touch, and connection issues with devices

Dave_D5
Joining in

My Hub 3.0 light is orange, not sure how long it's been like that though I've been having intermittent connection issues for a while. I've tried switching it off and on again, and also reset it a few times, but still getting the same issues. I've ran a test for connection issues and the results show issues with all my devices. The hub also feels warm all the time. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Call it in as a fault on 0345 454 1111. You need a replacement hub via an engineer. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Call it in as a fault on 0345 454 1111. You need a replacement hub via an engineer. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Just been on the phone with VM customer services, they won't replace the hub, just wanted me to buy a wifi pod or something. Said they can't transfer you to an engineer as there's no number for them! Waiting on a call from their supervisor now, but they said he/she will say the same thing!

Dave_D5
Joining in

Hi Zoie

My Hub 3.0 light is orange too, not sure how long it's been like that though I've been having intermittent connection issues for a while. I've tried switching it off and on again, and also reset it a few times, but still getting the same issues. I've ran a test for connection issues and the results show issues with all my devices. The hub also feels warm all the time

Just been on the phone with VM customer services, they won't replace the hub, just wanted me to buy a wifi pod or something. Said they can't transfer you to an engineer as there's no number for them! Waiting on a call from their supervisor now, but they said he/she will say the same thing!

Please help, thank you

Hi Dave_D5, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this one. 

We're very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub 3 displaying an orange light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red or orangey at times. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. 

If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

• ➡ Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • ➡ Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • ➡ Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the orange light still shows after doing the above, pop back here and let us know. We can then arrange an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I've tried all the above suggestions several times but still have the red light. My Hub is not in modem mode and never has been. Please arrange for an engineer to come out and swap the hub, thank you

Just to add, I've also ran a test for connection issues and the results show issues with all my devices. The hub also feels warm all the time, thanks

Hi Kath

Just wondering if you have an update on when to expect an engineer, thank you

Hi @Dave_D5,

Thanks for trying what was suggested by Kath. 

I'll pop you a PM now and get a technician arranged. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Dave_D5 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and get the hub replaced. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the 👉 MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team