Menu
FrameKixrr
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 dropping out

My Hub 3.0 has suddenly started to drop in and out randomly (WiFi and Ethernet.) Sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for less than 5 seconds. I have pinhole reset it, and normally reset it MULTIPLE times to no avail. I ran the diagnostic tool in browser and it has come back with "everything is fine" and no problems to speak of. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 dropping out

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
FrameKixrr
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry for the late reply, its fixed itself it seems! I performed another pinhole reset then left it and it seemed to be fine, not sure what happened sorry for wasting your time and thank you for the replies!
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No probs! - If it happens again drop in and we'll see if we can get it resolves!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
SirLightBulb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Mac was doing the same. Turn off my Macs WiFI then on and connection immediately restored... for a while then it stopped or became very slow. All other devices seemed okay.

There were a few solutions suggested, but I found just doing one helped and now it does not drop out and I am getting consistent (at least) 150Mbps speed. I did not want to follow all steps suggested as I have loads of smart devices connected and feared I would have to re-pair.

My suggestion..........

1) Open 192.168.0.1 in web browser and log in.

2) Click "Advanced Settings", then "Wireless" then "Wireless signal"

3) Scroll to the bottom and tick "Disable Channel Optimisation" for "Smart WiFi"

You will lose connection as the router re-boots and it can take 15 mins to reconnect.

I have had zero problems with any device in doing this and didn't have to change anything else.

V.png 

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @FrameKixrr,

Welcome to the forums! Many thanks for your recent post. So sorry to hear you've been experiencing drop-outs, but glad the latest pin-hole reset seems to have fixed things.

As lotharmat has said, if there's any further issues please don't hesitate to drop back - we're here to help 🙂

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos