Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 displaying red light

I have been experiencing trouble connecting to the internet. Ever since accidental physical damage to the internet socket at the wall the internet connection was intermittent and there would be periods with no internet available and then it would reconnect successfully and so on. I tried resetting the router several times as instructed and those background checks were performed which couldn't idenfity the fault. At some point it also said "network access denied" and the virgin troubleshoot website would open automatically. I then rather naively thought switching to modem mode would help but it has only made things worse and my when I try to access the IP web page, it no longer loads. Also running the troubleshooter when the page was still working and when I wasnt in modem mode just mentioned that "broadband was down" and I cant remember specifically but there was a problem with gateway IPV4 address.  I dont necessarily know where to go from here since the red light is just displaying on the router and I'm not even sure how to reconfigure the network or to switch back from the modem mode since the resetting was unsuccessful as well. I have internet via the ethernet cable though

To summarise the current situation is that the red light is showing, the network is not visible to the computer and I cannot access the router internal IP address so not sure how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 displaying red light

You can get to the admin page using 192.168.100.1 when in modem mode.

Or you can pinhole reset the hub for 60 seconds to factory reset it back to router mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 displaying red light

Thank you, actually when I was resetting I only waited about 30 seconds. This seemed to have done the job of reconnecting, although not sure about the intermittent connection issue. I will wait a while to see if that has been resolved.

0 Kudos