Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 and Mesh Wifi

Hi,

Can Someone help me, please. I am too old to understand current tech, but I use a Hub 3.0 and have several poor coverage spots in the house, just had a Ring Doorbell installed and it's saying 'Poor Wifi'. I would like to improve the coverage and hoped that a Mesh wifi system would be the best answer. But after reading some of the posts on this forum and deciding that I don't really understand them, I need another approach.

I live in Walsall, can any one recommend a Business or individual in this area who would advise and install said system for me.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 and Mesh Wifi

Hello Siegfried

Thankyou for your post 

You are never too old to understand current tech 

If you have a look at this App 

virg.in/connectapp

You can sign in and improve the coverage for each room in home

If you give it a whirl, can you please let me know how you get on 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The link does not open.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try this ...

>> Connect App <<

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just been looking at this years reviews on App Store, mostly 1 and a couple of 2 stars.
Doesn't seem very good.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Siegfried wrote:
Just been looking at this years reviews on App Store, mostly 1 and a couple of 2 stars.
Doesn't seem very good.

It isn't.

TBH I don't know what the idea is behind it; and it seems, it was released before it had been properly beta tested.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You don't need the App for anything and you wont need an "installer" for a Mesh system

They are very simple via the makers "excellent" Apps and with top tips and advice you would get on here. Describe your property - size/rooms/construction material, devices you have, and your budget and we can offer suggestions.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

However, I've just tried to install a Ring Chime Pro, which is also an extender into the system. It has connected to the Virgin Wifi but I cannot get it to work as an extender.

My confidence is shot, blood pressure through the roof. But I would welcome suggestions regarding choice of Mesh systems.

House is a typical 3 bed detached. Walls upstairs are grey block work and downstairs walls are all load bearing. The Virgin Hub 3.0 is located in the Box room (small bedroom) with the iMac and HP printer. As you would expect coverage is worse local to the external walls both upstairs and down stairs, and in the garage and utility room. The Ring Doorbell is obviously outside by the front door, it says wifi is poor.

At the moment connected to the Wifi are iMac, Printer, 2 iPhones, iPad, Tivo and Ring Doorbell and 2 chimes (1 of them incorporating an extender for the Ring equipment, which I cannot get working). We would like the coverage to extend a few yards outside the house walls and into the garage and utility room, 10M max. I want it to be secure, reliable and low maintenance, about 3 units. Probably 1 connected to the Hub, 1 in the hall of front room and 1 in the kitchen, price up to £250.

Regards,

Siegfried

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos