cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

tysyd2023
Joining in

lately I have been experiencing random and often frequent drop outs of my internet connection. I have cycled through the normal troubleshooting process, hard reset, checked cabled, there's nothing visually apparent. The cables outside the property are exposed, they are not properly protected. 

The modem repeatedly throws this error SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync, this has to be either hardware or fault on the link between my address the the Exchange.

I have had at least two technicians visits in the past 12 months to check resistance on the cables and found nothing wrong, I was also told that they can't do anything about the cabling because it was someone else's job.

I would really appreciate if VM rep picks this up and help me resolve this issue once and for all.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tysyd2023 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issue with the broadband. I've checked the system and there's an open fault you're affected by. F010917981 - fault number. The estimated fix date is today at 5pm. Hopefully that's fixed sooner for you.

I am going to send you a PM though because you've mentioned cables being exposed and am keen to get that sorted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tysyd2023 

Thanks for joining us on PM and allowing me to help you sort this 🙂

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill