cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Red Light

VC10
Dialled in

Yesterday I had a Technician call for a BB telephone fault. The first thing he noticed was the router had a red light on. That wasn't the cause of the telephone fault (now fixed), but looking on these boards I see it is an overheating fault although it is not hot but warm towards the upper end. It is located on the top of a bookcase so in the open. It is not in modem mode either.

I understand the router needs to be replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VC10

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the red light on the hub.

If you have tried the below and this hasn't resolved things, yes you will need a replacement.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, then the router will need replacing. 

I will send you a private message now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VC10

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the red light on the hub.

If you have tried the below and this hasn't resolved things, yes you will need a replacement.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, then the router will need replacing. 

I will send you a private message now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

VC10
Dialled in

Router switched off for over a minute with power lead removed. Powered back up and red light remains.

The Router is located upright on top of a bookcase permanently in the shade.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label.   ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

Hi VC10

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know.

I'll drop you a PM now so I can arrange for an engineer to call round and take a look at the Hub. They'll be able to replace it then for you if required.

Thanks,

Beth

VC10
Dialled in

Hi,

The router was replaced as arranged on Saturday. Many thanks for your support on this.

Glad to hear this VC10.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future please do let know. 

Have a lovely rest of the day. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?