Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Red Light

FELLA
Joining in

Hi

My Hub 3.0 has a solid red light.

Everything seems to be working correctly, including ethernet and wireless connections.

I'm in router mode and have followed all of the steps as advised.

• Turning the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power.

I can't say for sure how long it's been like this as I rarely look and like I said everything has been working fine.

The Hub does not feel hot.

I think I may need a replacement Hub. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FELLA

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the hub.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange a replacement for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FELLA

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the hub.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange a replacement for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I am having a similar issue with my hub 3.0.

I noticed yesterday that it is now showing a solid red light (although it may have been like this for longer as it doesn't get checked often). The internet is mostly working as normal. However, some devices are randomly losing wi-fi connection occasionally.

I have tried restarting the hub by turning the power off to it and then back on. I've also tried resetting it by pressing in the reset button on the back. I have left it for 24 hours since doing both of these to see if it needed time to settle.

The hub does not feel hot and is stood upright in a well-ventilated area. I have also checked to ensure that it is in router mode.

Please could you advise how to arrange an engineer visit or replacement please?

Many thanks, James

Hi jubal87,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the red light on the hub. 

We are more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

FELLA
Joining in

This was all dealt with via private messages with the Admins on here. Thanks to those.

Engineer came out and replaced my hub which I had for 7 years.

Think it had just seen it's day. New hub has improved WiFi.

Hi Vikki, I'm having the same problem. I have rebooted the router, the light is still red and the Internet connection is still steady. Grateful for your help. Bob

Hey BobOrr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router at the moment,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L