cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Permanent Red power light

shell-n
Joining in

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to any WiFi due to a solid red power light. This has been like this for over a week and I have tried the usual checks, including resetting the hub, however I still have no connection and I am currently meant to be working from home. Does any one know how I can rectify this? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You need a new hub.  Solid red light indicates over-heating, and whether true or not, you can't have a hub (even with an internet connection) that's got a faulty safety indicator.  I'll flag your post for the forum staff to advise, likely next step is to mail out a replacement hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You need a new hub.  Solid red light indicates over-heating, and whether true or not, you can't have a hub (even with an internet connection) that's got a faulty safety indicator.  I'll flag your post for the forum staff to advise, likely next step is to mail out a replacement hub.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shell-n,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our hub, we understand the frustration caused especially when it stops you working from home.

As you have the solid red power light we will need to get the router changed over for you.

So I can take your details I will pop you over a private message and get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just for the future shell-n,

If you have any urgent issues as we may take a little while to respond you can run test and diagnostics through your online Virgin Media account.

It will check your equipment, detect any faults and prompt you to book a technician if required. Just so you do not have to wait for a long period.

Many thanks Jodi

Thanks for your help 🙂 

Hi shell-n,

All ordered for you now, a new router will be with you in the next 5 days. If you need any further assistance pleas come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Kind regards Jodi

Hi, I've had the same issue, a solid red light power light since lockdown however I can't seem to get through to anyone to actually explain the issue as it always tries to do the test first shutting my internet off but the test never says there's a fault. Everything seems to work OK although wi-fi can drop in and out quite regularly and the speeds I should be getting for my package are regularly below half for wired devices. Also my work gave me a voip phone to use while working from home which basically never works and is always trying to retrieve network etc. Should I be looking to get a replacement router as the red light has not disappeared - I've turned it off for an hour or so a few times, I've fully rebooted and reset it  numerous times and I've tried cooling it etc but the red light is always on. I've been into the router settings itself as someone said it might be in modem mode but it's not. No idea what to do as trying to speak to someone is taking about an hour or more at the moment if you can get past the automated bits. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Hi ChrisDrogan, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the issues you're having with your hub and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I have had a look into this and it seems as though you've since been in the team and they since provided a resolution. 

I hope it's all going well but if you need anything else do let us know.

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi there,

Our Hub 3.0 which is kept permenently in modem mode has a solid red light.

Do we have an overheating issue ?

Thanks

JokerZero

@JokerZero wrote:

Hi there,

Our Hub 3.0 which is kept permenently in modem mode has a solid red light.

Do we have an overheating issue ?

Thanks

JokerZero

Nope - red light is normal for modem mode

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7