Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Permanent Red power light

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to any WiFi due to a solid red power light. This has been like this for over a week and I have tried the usual checks, including resetting the hub, however I still have no connection and I am currently meant to be working from home. Does any one know how I can rectify this? Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 Permanent Red power light

You need a new hub.  Solid red light indicates over-heating, and whether true or not, you can't have a hub (even with an internet connection) that's got a faulty safety indicator.  I'll flag your post for the forum staff to advise, likely next step is to mail out a replacement hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shell-n,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our hub, we understand the frustration caused especially when it stops you working from home.

As you have the solid red power light we will need to get the router changed over for you.

So I can take your details I will pop you over a private message and get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for the future shell-n,

If you have any urgent issues as we may take a little while to respond you can run test and diagnostics through your online Virgin Media account.

It will check your equipment, detect any faults and prompt you to book a technician if required. Just so you do not have to wait for a long period.

Many thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shell-n,

All ordered for you now, a new router will be with you in the next 5 days. If you need any further assistance pleas come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Kind regards Jodi