Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Flashing different combinations of green lights

Last 24 hours I've had the Hub 3.0 not working. I'v etried rebooting, checked the cables, reset to factory. All to no avail

I get a solid Wifi green light and that remains constant however the Hub flits between flashing green base light with no internet lights on at all to solid green base light with the internet arrows flashing green. Unfortunately Virgin help offers no assistance for either combination. 

Any help please? If not, how do I book a technician other than phoning? The app offers no option, I just get stuck in a loop of rebooting the Hub.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Flashing different combinations of green lights

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Flashing different combinations of green lights

Hello LeeB1969,

Sorry to hear about your internet connection issues and the Hub's light flashing. Can you tell us more about how your connection is affecting your usage? I ask as I've found your details using the information we have on here and cannot find any issues, everything is well within their ranges. I've also checked your WiFi details and can see great strength.

Do tell us more so we can get a better idea and take another look at your details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos