Menu
JamesC13
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Flashing Green WiFi Light

Hiya,

I have had a problem with my Virgin Media Hub 3.0, with the wifi light green and the hub light continually flashing. I have checked the router status through the router’s page and it tells me that the router is trying to install an update, however it has been stuck doing this for over a day and a half. Normally we would just get an engineer out to come fix it but we have been told that there are no available slots until april 18th due to coronavirus. However with the whole family working from home we really need our wifi to work. 

A list of things i have done to try and fix it:

Factory Reset

Turn router off and on

Check all the coaxial cable connections 

And none of this has seemed to have any effect. Any help would be much appreciated, as we really don’t want to be left without wifi for 3 weeks.

0 Kudos
Steve_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Flashing Green WiFi Light

Hi @JamesC13,

Do you have Virgin Media TV service at your property and is it working for Live TV?

Steve

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Richard_A11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are all the lights flashing on the hub or is there a solid white light at the bottom? 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

Have you checked the external cable up to boundary of your property for any damage or loose connections?

Also try installing the Virgin Connect app which should provide information if there is an issue in the area.

Robert

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@JamesC13 wrote:

Hiya,

I have had a problem with my Virgin Media Hub 3.0, with the wifi light green and the hub light continually flashing. I have checked the router status through the router’s page and it tells me that the router is trying to install an update, however it has been stuck doing this for over a day and a half. Normally we would just get an engineer out to come fix it but we have been told that there are no available slots until april 18th due to coronavirus. However with the whole family working from home we really need our wifi to work. 

A list of things i have done to try and fix it:

Factory Reset

Turn router off and on

Check all the coaxial cable connections 

And none of this has seemed to have any effect. Any help would be much appreciated, as we really don’t want to be left without wifi for 3 weeks.

If the Hub is working in every way apart from the flashing green light (a known bug) put some black tape over the flashing light.

If it isn't working you can try phoning it in or wait here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread, someone should be along within a couple of days.

Don't bump your thread; it doesn't get answered any quicker.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JamesC13
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The hub is not working, devices can connect to it, and it will show that it has signal, however nothing will load at all.

0 Kudos
JamesC13
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, we don’t have virgin Tv

0 Kudos
JamesC13
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The WiFi light is solid green, and the light on the bottom of the hub is flashing green 

0 Kudos
JamesC13
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have checked all the cable, from the back of the router all the way to the outdoor box which virgin installed, and there are no visible signs of damage

0 Kudos
Ross871
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

On the modem is it just the wifi light and the solid green light? Is there any arrows flashing aswell?

0 Kudos