cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Connected but Access Denied

makopet
Tuning in

Longtime customer use the internet a lot for work. Today it went out I rang them, they refused to acknowledge a problem at their end... Despite now getting an access denied message. Something which wasn't present before... Really can't wait 7 days for a potential engineer to come out this is utterly ridiculous.

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks it show no issues in the area, however it did at one point... Now shows as resolved, though clearly not for me.

Good Morning @makopet, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back to our Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the connection, can you please confirm if this is still ongoing, or if you have since been able to re-establish a connection?

If this is still ongoing, can you confirm if you've attempted any reboots or even resets on the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes it's still going on - VM said a technician would ring and they never did. This is ridiculous. I for one am going to ring and ask for contract to be ended early as the level of support or lack thereof is terrible.

Hi @makopet 👋,

My sincere apologies, you've not had the best experience getting things sorted. 

I've not been able to locate your details on our systems but if the issue is still ongoing, I would love to take a closer look into things and run some tests for you. 

Please do respond to my PM with the details requested and we shall take it from there 😊

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i've got same issue... i can't wait multiple days here and customer services are of course not available. i've only just got a hub 3.0 to fix a previous issue and never had an 'access denied' problem before in 20 years!

Is this a hub 3.0 known issue? When i look at the router status it appears we have full line connectivity but is showing in the General configuration settings  that Network Access = Not Allowed .

How does this happen and how can it be fixed rapidly ?

Can someone please contact me asap as i need this up and running in next 12 hours.

‘Access denied’ suggests that there is a problem with the configuration of your account and as far as VM’s systems are concerned, you aren’t entitled to internet connectivity - hence the message. It isn’t an issue with the hub or general connectivity itself.

It is very, very unlikely that you will get any sort of response on here from a VM employee until Monday afternoon at the earliest, I would have thought - and unless this is some generic issue impacting a number of accounts, in which case it’ll probably be resolved fairly quickly, it could take days for this to be fixed for you.

Hi midglen,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some connection issues. I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've spoke with us today and been advised the next steps.

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Client62
Alessandro Volta

The symptoms reported are exactly what happens when a device has been blocked by Wi-Fi Pausing.