Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2 wifi working but ethernet not working

Hi I have a virgin media broadband super hub 2ac and i have connected perfectly fine to the wifi since installing it about 4 years ago. I purchased some ethernet cables this week to connect my tv, ps4 and sky q, and when the cables are plugged in neither the ethernet or the wifi works. It seems like the cables are obstructing the whole thing. The cables are CAT 8 so top of the line.
Please assist as I ideally want to reduce the dependency of the wifi to just a few devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 2 wifi working but ethernet not working

Hi there @Modena71

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums. Sorry that you're having some issues with a wired connection to your Hub. 

We would recommend using a Cat6 Ethernet cable - especially with the hub you are currently using. However, after checking your account I can see that you have requested a new Hub3. Hope that goes well for you - let us know if you have any issues. 

You may find that the Cat8 works in the Hub3 - many users have stated that they work great with this Hub here on our Community. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos